ISO 27001 Certification
ISO27001 has been developed to “provide a model for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving an Information Security Management System (ISMS).” Any organization that holds information is a candidate for ISO 27001 certification.
Many organizations are clueless about their key assets and how to protect them. ISO 27001 provides a framework for managing them in a way that is appropriate to the business. Implementation of ISO 27001 helps organizations to treat data security seriously. It works with your business and the kind of data it holds, whether it is bank account details, staff records, or client confidential information.
At the very simplest form, it will boost your client’s confidence to trust your organization in keeping their data safe. It also demonstrates corporate due diligence and helps get compliant with the regulatory and contractual requirements regarding data security, privacy and IT governance. Healthcare companies, finance, public, and IT sectors can benefit greatly from a certified ISMS. An ISO 27001 certification is suitable for business of any size, in any given sector, which is looking to increase and enhance the company’s security of its data.
What is Information Security Management System (ISMS)?
Information is an ASSET which, like other important business assets, has VALUE to an organization and consequently needs to be SUITABLY protected.
“Information Security Management System” is that part of the overall management system, based on a business risk approach, to establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve information security. ISMS always follow Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) methodology.
- The Plan phase is about designing the ISMS, assessing information security risks and selecting appropriate controls.
- The Do phase involves implementing and operating the controls.
- The Check phase objective is to review and evaluate the performance (efficiency and effectiveness) of the ISMS.
- In the Act phase, changes are made where necessary to bring the ISMS back to peak performance
ISO/IEC 27001 is the only auditable international standard which defines the requirements for an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
Features of ISMS
- Adopted PDCA (PLAN – DO – CHECK – ACT) Model
- Adopted a Process Approach
- Identify – Manage Activities – Function Effectively
- Stress on Continual Process Improvements
- Scope covers Information Security not only IT Security
- Focused on People, Process, Technology
- Resistance to intentional acts designed to cause harm or damage to the Organisation.
- Combination of Management Controls, Operational Controls and Technical Control.
- Overall management system, based on a business risk approach, to establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve Information security.
Benefits of ISMS Certification
Certifying your ISMS against ISO/IEC 27001 can bring the following benefits to your organization:
- Independent framework that will take account of all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Gives the ability to demonstrate and independently assure the internal controls of a company (corporate governance)
- Proves senior management commitment to the security of business information and customer information
- Helps provide a competitive edge to the company
- Formalizes, and independently verifies, Information Security processes, procedures and documentation
- Independently verifies that risks to the company are properly identified and managed
- Helps to identify and meet contractual and regulatory requirements
Demonstrates to customers that security of their information is taken seriously
What is SecurWires Offering?
SecurWires Technologies and Services LLP is a PCI SSC Authorized Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) Company, CIS SecureSuite Member Company and a Member of Data Security Council of India (DSCI). SecurWires is a pure-play Cyber Security and Information Security Company which is dedicated to help businesses run Cyber Security and Information Security Programs more effectively. SecurWires is vendor neutral; we do not resell any software or hardware and will always recommend the best solution for the organization. Our professionals provide industry-leading expertise to help organizations meet their evolving Data Security and Privacy needs.
We help you ensure all policies and procedures are properly documented and up to date, assist in identifying your information security assets and the risks associated with it and help you in each and every step and will give a complete guidance on ISO 27001 implementation. The implementation process can be specified as follows:
- Developing a security policy as per the business requirement for information security.
- Defining the scope of the ISMS all aspects pertaining to people, processes and technology are included.
- Conducting risk assessment.
- Identification of risks post assessment and undertaking adequate management steps.
- Selection of control objectives and their implementation.
- Drawing up a statement of applicability.
- Defining policies, procedures, internal audit, MRM and awareness training etc.